Four Helpful Ways to Build a Lead Generation Form
Originally found on http://www.sociableblog.com/2017/09/18/tips-to-create-mobile-friendly-lead-generation-form/
Customer engagement is one of the most crucial goals of online presence and a challenging one too. Owing to the ever increasing mobile traffic, making a good impression and getting the message across via small screen and mobile functionalities has become quite tough. To overcome the limitation you must apply a good dose of creativity and make the most of the situation.
Why Do You Need To Go Mobile-Friendly?
Look around! Do you see people opening their laptops to search for products or services? Nope, they are just using their phones.
Also, let us look at the stats:
- According to Cisco, in 2014 the number of mobile-connected devices surpassed the world’s overall population and there will be 11.6 billion mobile-connected devices by 2020.
- According to Marketing Land, mobile at present represents 65% of all digital media time. Furthermore, by 2019, mobile advertising is estimated to represent 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending.
- Email Monday reports that mobile email opens have grown by 180% in the last three years.There is no denying of the fact that mobile optimization is a necessity today. And you need to look for ways to optimize for mobile devices in order to convert your mobile site visitors into subscribers and buyers.
1. Keep Things Simple
Though the first tip appears to be basic, it is something of utmost importance. At every step of designing a mobile-friendly site, you must remember to keep things simple. Lead generation forms tend to be crowded and over stimulating and can take the focus off the general user interface of your website. If you want to generate leads online, you need to make the forms a lot simpler.
Therefore, it is only prudent to examine every aspect of your lead generation form from the perspective of a user. Keep the design light. Make the form look good and clean. Keep the information well organized and easy to understand. And finally, eliminate the unnecessary steps to make the form concise. This way, you will be able to make the most out of the small mobile screen.
2. Don’t Be Too Aggressive
No one wants to be aggressively sold to. Therefore, too many sales prompts will do more harm than good. Do not put too many overlay purchase reminders, or you will run the risk of losing those businesses.
And say good bye to those pop-up calls-to-actions for good. It is bad for your mobile ranking. Google is in habit of penalizing sites that use intrusive interstitials such as opt-in forms that cover the main content, either immediately after a user navigates to a page from the search results or while they are looking through the page. They deliver a poor user experience.
On mobile site, the best way to serve a lead generation form is through event triggering. When people browse through your website for quite some time or requests for more information it is prudent to serve them your lead generation form. Serving calls-to-action to users moments after they landed on your website is aggressive and a little rude.
3. Give Alternative Calls-To-Action A Chance
Besides lead generation forms there are other ways to present users with calls-to-action. In the case of a smartphone “Call now” is a direct and effective call to action. As phones are made for calling, more users will use this call-to-action to get in touch with your company and you will see immediate results.
Also, make all phone numbers clickable on your site. This way, it will be easy for mobile users to perform an action and get in touch with your company.
4. Utilize Tools To Make Things Easier
Here are some types of tools for better-performing mobile lead generation forms.
- Utilize Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test and run a quick preview of how your web page looks on different mobile devices. However, you will also need human testers to go through your website.
- Set up a business monitoring dashboard using a tool to monitor mobile traffic and conversions. You can then monitor all the reports from a single dashboard.
- Set up mobile-only lead generation forms using various tools available online.
A lead generation form is a trouble-free way to reach out to customers. Within a short span of time, you can create a campaign and start generating hot leads. And by making the forms mobile-friendly you gain a chance to reach out to more prospects and generate better leads. All you need is to keep things simple.
Written by Bidisha Gupta